Date: 5/30/19 5:16 pm
From: John Bates/Mary Burns <manitowish...>
Subject: [wisb] Lewis woodpecker update
The Lewis woodpecker(s?) that had been seen and photographed yesterday near Hazelhurst in Oneida County did not appear today. My wife and I, among others, went down this morning and stayed until 11:30, and the feeders were then closely watched by the homeowners and another birder until late this afternoon. The homeowners say that birders are still welcome to visit, but should contact them for updates before making a long drive (<austin10929...> <mailto:<austin10929...>). They will keep me posted if the Lewis returns, and I will then post to the BirdNet.
Too bad - it was there yesterday afternoon for many hours.

John Bates, Mercer, Iron County
<manitowish...> <mailto:<manitowish...>
715-476-2828