Date: 5/30/19 4:03 pm
From: Michael Hobbs <birdmarymoor...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2019-05-30
Tweets – we had high overcast skies this morning, but no wind or precip. It was pretty birdy, and held a couple of surprises.

Highlights:
a.. Wood Duck – female with 7 tiny ducklings at Rowing Club pond; 9 adults on lake
b.. BLUE-WINGED TEAL – male at weir again
c.. Mallard – at least 4 clutches of ducklings seen
d.. Pied-billed Grebe – one in slough after a four week absence
e.. Cooper’s Hawk – juvenile mobbed by crows
f.. Hairy Woodpecker – I think the young have fledged from the nest; 2-4 birds seen, unclear of ages
g.. Pileated Woodpecker – ditto; 2 adults seen
h.. EASTERN KINGBIRD – male briefly in East Meadow before flying high to the south; only 2 earlier spring sightings on record. New for 2019
i.. Purple Martin – all four gourds occupied
j.. Cedar Waxwing – very numerous now
k.. GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROW – 1 near windmill; latest spring sighting ever!
l.. YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD – 1 female (“Yellow-fronted Brownbird”) at Pea Patch – new for 2019
We also had a 5-mammal day: Eastern Gray Squirrel, American Beaver, Eastern Cottontail (many!), Mule Deer (Black-tailed)(2), and Long-tailed Weasel.

Misses today included Rock Pigeon, Green Heron, Red-tailed Hawk, Belted Kingfisher, and Cliff Swallow.

For the day, 68 species. For the year, adding the EASTERN KINGBIRD and YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD, I think we’re at 125 species for 2019.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== <BirdMarymoor...>