Date: 5/29/19 4:49 pm
From: John Bates/Mary Burns <manitowish...>
Subject: [wisb] Pair of Lewis woodpeckers near Hazelhurst, WI
Mic and Nancy Austin, who live a few miles west of Hazelhurst, just sent me photos of a Lewis woodpecker that has been at their feeders since yesterday. They actually say they have two of them! The pictures clearly show one male - I’m unable to tell if the photos are of two separate birds.
I spoke at length with them about allowing birders to visit, and they are very open to sharing their good fortune. What they would like folks to do is to call or email ahead to arrange a time so they can be there. Their email is <austin10929...> <mailto:<austin10929...> and their phone is 715-356-1610.

I’m going down tomorrow morning (I live in Mercer, Iron County) and will likely gather together some birders from this area to carpool.

John Bates
<manitowish...>
715-476-2828