Date: 5/29/19 9:21 am
From: Justyn Stahl <justyn.stahl...>
Subject: Re: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Godwit locations
Thanks Geoff.

Further, we request eBird users use one of the eBird hotspots for tracking
this bird:
1) "San Diego River--tidal mudflats" for the spot in Ocean Beach near Robb
Field
2) "stakeout Hudsonian Godwit, Mission Beach (2019)" for the spot in
Mission Beach

If you've created one of various address based checklists (e.g., " 3715
Ocean Front Walk, San Diego, California, US (32.783, -117.254)") or some
variation on one of the above locations, please consider merging it with
the appropriate hotspots.

In the description of the bird you can, and should, add details as to where
you saw the bird (between which lifeguard towers, near which bridge, etc.)

Please:

1) Read about the importance of hotspots:

https://help.ebird.org/customer/en/portal/articles/1006824-what-is-an-ebird-hotspot-

2) Merge your personal location with the hotspot by doing the following:

https://help.ebird.org/customer/en/portal/articles/1010517-how-do-i-merge-a-personal-location-with-a-hotspot-

3) In the future, when using the eBird app, after selecting Start New
Checklist, please select *Choose a Nearby Hotspot* if you're birding at a
place that people frequent (typically the case if you are following
directions to a recent rare bird).

4) Finally, if you haven't already, please consider taking the free eBird
Essentials course:

https://academy.allaboutbirds.org/product/ebird-essentials/

Thanks,
Justyn Stahl

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 9:07 AM Geoffrey L. Rogers <rogersgl1952...>
wrote:

> I have posted maps of the two general locations the bird has been seen at
> to my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/geoffrey.rogers.9822 The
> second map shows driving route between them.
>

> The two locations are approximately 1.5 miles apart.
>

> Geoffrey L. Rogers

> San Diego, CA

View/Reply Online (#9662): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/9662
-=-=-
---<br />Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month in the Hoffman Room of The San Diego Foundation, 2508 Historic Decatur Rd., San Diego, CA 92106. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year. <br />---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!