Date: 5/29/19 6:10 am
From: JimC <wetstuff...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Swallows in sconces
We thought they passed us up this year, as they seemed late coming. I found making these sconces better than having them nest directly on the trim over the center entry door. It is tons cleaner as the siding is not dripping with mud. (we have a catch on the deck for when the brood hatches). If I remember correctly, they get a lot more chatty when there is a hatch; they sure are cheerful. (there are three at times?)

I have Wrens nesting in my tractor shed and other odd places like rain gutters ...Crested flycatchers in the owl box with the camera ...the Screech owl moved to another Owl box closer to its food source. (the bird feeders)

Jim - across from Nutters Neck WMA