Date: 5/28/19 10:49 pm
From: Roger Freeman <freemanbecard...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Timber birds (Washington Co)
Thanks for sharing this report Stefan. I admit I had to use google maps
for locating Round Top. Sounded like a great morning in the coast range.
“Oodles of Hermit Warblers” might be worth the jaunt up there!
Roger Freeman
Silverton

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 3:44 PM Stefan Schlick <greenfant...>
wrote:

> Ventured out into the Coast Range near Timber this morning. Looks like
> everybody except for Common Nighthawk has arrived. There is lots of singing!
>
> Highlights were 3 hooters (Sooty Grouse) and 3 quorkers (Mountain Quail)
> between Timber and the summit of Round Top. Nice that both were still
> calling.
>
> The Cochran Rd clearcut was very active. A Yellow-breasted Chat was a
> first for that location for me.
>
> Canada Jay and Hairy Woodpecker were fun, but I missed Townsend’s
> Solitaire. Good numbers of Macs (MacGillivray Warblers) and oodles of
> Hermit Warblers.
>
> One American Bittern was booming at Killin Wetlands at around noon.
>
> Stefan Schlick
>
> Hillsboro, OR

Join us on Facebook!