Date: 5/28/19 4:16 pm
From: Nancy Christensen <nancy.r.christensen...>
Subject: Re: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Hudsonian Godwit Tuesday May 28th
Peter and Millie found the bird this morning on the beach. After it disappeared for a bit I don’t know who relocated it.

Nancy Christensen
Ramona

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Chinese Proverb

On May 28, 2019, at 4:08 PM, Geoffrey L. Rogers <rogersgl1952...> wrote:

> Sorry about the unfinished and unsigned email. Also thanks to those who gave me extra directions. The problem is this bird moves around a lot. I finally got good looks at around 2:25 near the end of San Jose but only because there were two long-lens photographers near it. When I left around 3:00 there were 7-8 birders there. I also tried Robb Field in between the two Mission Beach locations but it was not there—yet. The beach and boardwalk were busy but not super-crowded. The two birds were not skittish but wary of passersby. The subject bird appeared to be hanging out and foraging with a Marbled Godwit and in back light the size difference makes them instantly separable. They eventually flew south off the end of Santa Clara.
>
> I know who found the bird at Robb Field but how did someone find it later on the beach?
>
> Geoff Rogers
> San Diego, CA

View/Reply Online (#9655): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/9655
-=-=-
---<br />Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month in the Hoffman Room of The San Diego Foundation, 2508 Historic Decatur Rd., San Diego, CA 92106. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year. <br />---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!