Date: 5/28/19 8:54 am
From: littlebirder <littlebirder...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] FYI - Mary Jo Ballator passed away
We lead a Vancouver Audubon group to Arizona years ago and we had Larry McQueen with us who had painted many of the plates for several bird guides. He also painted one of the large posters of the hummingbirds of the USA.  He had never seen a Lucifer's Hummingbird and had done the painting of it from a museum skin. When he say the Lucifer's at Mary Jo"s feeder, he made the comment "boy did I get that color wrong".  Mary Jo was so excited that he was there. She had the hummingbird poster on the wall of her B&B room. She had to take us into see it. She wanted him to sign it but that would have involved taking it apart so it wasn't done. Mary Jo was always a great host. We will miss going to her place and visiting with her.Sherry HagenVancouver, <WAlittlebirder...> Verizon, Samsung Galaxy S9+
-------- Original message --------From: Steve Noseworthy <stephenose...> Date: 5/27/19 10:48 PM (GMT-08:00) To: Mason Flint <masonflint...> Cc: Tweeters <tweeters...> Subject: Re: [Tweeters] FYI - Mary Jo Ballator passed away I will never forget my time spent at Ash Canyon B&B.  Mary Jo treated us to a nighttime show of fruit bats!  Of course we saw all the bird species expected.  She was a wonderful  animated person, surely to be missed by all.

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 10:18 PM Mason Flint <masonflint...> wrote:

I’m sure many of you who have birdied in SE Arizona met Mary Jo at Ash Canyon B&B where she shared many great birds, most famously the regular Lucifer Hummingbird. I met her there a number of times and always appreciated her enthusiasm and generosity.

Mason Flint
Bellevue