Date: 5/28/19 4:45 am
From: 'Fred Shaffer' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Kentucky Warbler & Ruddy Duck at Schoolhouse Pond
During my morning walk around Schoolhouse Pond, I had a singing Kentucky Warbler.  The bird was in the woods behind Darnell's Chance (the adjacent historic site) and was heard from the boardwalk as it sang repeatedly.  Also of note was a breeding plumage Ruddy Duck.  Also present were a Bald Eagle, calling Wood Duck, Eastern Wood Pewee, and several Northern Parula. As I finished my walk, the skies became about as dark as I have ever seen them (at least two hours after sunrise) and there was a loud, close, and bright flash of lighting.  Good birding.
Fred ShafferCrofton, Anne <ArundelGlaucousGull...>