Date: 5/27/19 8:52 pm
From: akcmueller <akcmueller...>
Subject: Re: Anchorage, AK bound Lesser Yellowlegs with stopover at Kibler Bottoms
Thanks for this. Very  cool Allan  Mueller Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10e, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Will Britton <000001a332fa81de-dmarc-request...> Date: 5/27/19 20:10 (GMT-06:00) To: <ARBIRD-L...> Subject: Anchorage, AK bound Lesser Yellowlegs with stopover at Kibler Bottoms Hi all,I'm currently working on a Lesser Yellowlegs project in Anchorage, Alaska and thought I might pass along some cool migration data that is of note to Arkansas birders.  A GPS outfitted Lesser Yellowlegs (banded summer '18) spent about 8 days at Kibler Bottoms in Crawford Co. between 4/7/19 and 4/15/19 after a ~4 day journey from northern Colombia.  Three other GPS lessers passed southbound through Arkansas in 2018.  One at Norfork Lake (wintered in Haiti), one near West Helena (wintered in Argentina!), and another just south of Stuttgart (wintered in Nicaragua).  Your odds are incredibly low of spotting one of these banded birds but just in case you should keep a look out for a small green or white engraved flag with a two letter code on the left leg above the "ankle" joint, and the antenna for the transmitter will stick out behind the tail, although not all of the banded birds have a transmitter.   Happy Birding!Will Britton from Searcy

Join us on Facebook!