Date: 5/27/19 1:31 pm
From: Pete Sole <pete...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Fun birding at Natural Bridges
Hi birders,

Nancy and I visited the previously reported GREAT HORNED OWLs yesterday
afternoon at Natural Bridges. We saw the 2 adults and 1 owlet. A few of
fun images:

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/owls/owl_great_horned_190527b.jpg

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/owls/owl_great_horned_owlet_190527b.jpg

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/owls/owl_great_horned_190527c.jpg

The owlet is starting to grow out it's adult plumage but still has down.
According to Kenn Kaufman's book, Lives of North American Birds: "Young
may leave nest and climb on nearby branches at 5 weeks, can fly at about
9-10 weeks; are tended and fed by parents for up to several months."

Fun birding,

Pete Sole
Soquel, CA