Date: 5/27/19 1:29 pm
From: 'Cathy Sheeter' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] WHITE-TAILED KITE - Prowers County - FIRST STATE RECORD found by Jill White Smith
Jill White Smith just photographed a White-tailed Kite in Prowers County.
She reported to me that it was seen at 1/4 mile east of road 31, on KK in
PROWERS county. When they left the bird took flight and was headed North. A
photo of the bird can be seen on the Colorado Field Ornithologists
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/CFObirds/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf> facebook
page
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/CFObirds/permalink/10156015989972038/) . I
suspect she has more photos too, but they are still out in the field at
this time and the sighting was within the last hour. This is a First State
Record for this long overdue species. Congrats to Jill on her excellent
find. Please note I am just a second-hand reporter as she is not on the
list, and did not see or find the bird. Cathy Sheeter Araphohe County