Date: 5/26/19 7:54 pm
From: SUE RICCIARDI <susiericc...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Fort Smallwood Park Sunday, May 26, 2019 5 Raptors

5

1551

9355

Start Time: 9:00 am Daylight Time

End Time: 2:00 pm

Duration: 5 hours

Official Counter: Sue Ricciardi

Visitors: The Goldstein family

Weather: Partly to mostly cloudy; a warm 80-88 degrees; good
visibility; winds westerly, often with a northwest component 7-14 mph

Raptor Observations: Hopes to have the skies filled with migrants were
dashed.

Non-raptor Observations:
Mating Snapping Turtles; After retreating to a shady spot, I was able
to observe a female Orchard Oriole build a nest about 20 feet away
from me. Trumpeter Swan of yesterday has been confirmed as to ID.

Report submitted by Sue Ricciardi ( <susiericc...>)
More information at hawkcount.org: [ Site Profile] [ Day Summary] [
Month Summary]

Site Description
Fort Smallwood Park is located on the western shore of Chesapeake Bay
at the
mouth of the Patapsco River, 11 miles south of Baltimore, MD. Best
winds are
from the southwest.

Groups "Maryland & DC Birding" group.
an email to mdbirding+<unsubscribe...>