Date: 5/26/19 4:40 pm
From: Andy Martin <apmartin2...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Cliff Swallows at the Monocacy River Aqueduct
Not to "dis" my own county (Montgomery) but what a great view of Cliff Swallows and their nests to be had at the C&O Canal Aqueduct over the Monocacy River at end of Mouth of Monocacy Rd. Most years, have gone over to Brighton Dam Rd at Triadelphia Reservoir to see Cliff Swallows but this is much better. Need to remember to bring my scope next time to really zoom in for a good view of the nests.

In woods on north side of aqueduct, also had Yellow-throated, Prothonotary Warbler and a Northern Parula.

Andy Martin
Gaithersburg

ps - technically if you wanted to "double twitch" your Mont Co/Fred Co Cliff Swallow, bet you could stand on the county line in adjacent field for 10-15 minutes and a bird would fly over both! :)