Date: 5/26/19 3:07 pm
From: David Moffat <davidl.moffat...>
Subject: [wisb] Interesting migrants this spring
This has been an interesting spring migration at our house southwest of Verona. The Baltimore Orioles descended late and en masse. A good number still continue to empty our feeders. We have the usual few Orchard Orioles. We have hummingbirds, but not as many as usual.

We had our first ever Scarlet Tanagers (2) last week and one is still feeding from a suet feeder. Earlier this week, in the soggy field below our house, we had two Sora and one Virginia Rail. Unfortunately, I couldn't see them at night when they called. We've also had several Wilson's Snipe winnowing.

Just now, we had a Northern Mockingbird flitting around from fence post to fence post.

Waiting to see what's next.

Dave Moffat
Verona, Dane County, WI