Date: 5/26/19 11:41 am
From: Jady <jadyconroy...>
Subject: Re: Swatara Creek Birds - Dauphin County
I really enjoyed your description of your kayak trip, Ian. We have also enjoyed birding by kayak, as it seems you are able to get closer to wildlife while on the water. Thanks for sharing it!
I have a question for you or any others who are good birders by ear.... Have you ever heard or seen a Swainson’s Thrush in the south central PA area? I am in extreme northern York County and twice this past week, I felt like I was listening to the ever-upward-spiraling song of this elusive thrush. It did not match with any of the other thrushes or the veery. We recently saw and heard them in Kentucky and Ohio, otherwise I would have been ignorant of the song. Living in mature woods, I know I have little chance of spotting the bird with the current leaf cover. Looking for either confirmation that this is a possibility or suggestions for what I may be confusing it with. Thanks in advance...
Jady Conroy

Join us on Facebook!