Date: 5/26/19 6:42 am
From: Joe Roller <jroller9...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Chapungu Sculpture Park
Thanks for pointing out this cool park, Norma, which is an eBird hotspot,
located just east
of I-25 at the Hwy 34 exit. Look at a map to figure the complex roads
there. Park in the large lot between the Park and the shopping center.
The Park is free and open to the public. https://chapunguatcenterra.com

Chapungu (CHA-poon-goo) is the local name for the Balateur Eagle of
Zimbabwe, its national emblem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bateleur#/media/File:Bateleur_drinking_water.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bateleur

To add interest to birding there, the African sculptures are cool - my
grandkids loved it.

For a list of birds seen there so far, go to the hotspot overview at
https://ebird.org/hotspot/L5006963?yr=all&m=&rank=mrec

Here's hoping that you'll have a chance to go there and add your checklists
to the eBird database at this
cool (hot) spot.

Joe Roller, Denver