Date: 5/25/19 6:06 pm
From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr...>
Subject: [obol] A break in the weather brought good birds to Black Butte Ranch
There was a wonderful assortment of birds this morning on the ranch.

WILSON'S SNIPE, WILSON'S PHALAROPE, WILSON'S WARBLER, YELLOW WARBLER,
ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER, and two EMPIDONAX sp. were among the
most cooperative.

The two Empidonax flycatchers were about 1/2 mile apart. Unfortunately,
neither bird vocalized. But both bobbed their tails up first, then down
helping me rule out Gray. I noted pale lores, off-white wing bars,
olive-gray upperparts, white to yellow-tinged underparts, and a faint
eye-ring on the first bird. The second bird's posture was more erect than
the first and it was darker overall, with whiter wing bars and had a longer
primary-projection. I've tentatively identified the first bird as a WILLOW
FLYCATCHER, and the second as a DUSKY FLYCATCHER.

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

https://www.jack-n-jill.net/blog/2019/5/big-meadow-black-butte-ranch

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon