Date: 5/25/19 7:28 am
From: <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Sauvie Wagtail -- why not pipit?
I agree with Philip's comment -- why not Buff-bellied (American) Pipit? The tail in the side view photo looks very short for a wagtail, despite what's stated in the notes. Everything else looks within the normal range of variation for Am. pipit. Also, this is very late into spring for a wagtail still to be in first-winter plumage.

But pipits are cool too, and it's notably late for a pipit!

Joel Geier

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56672149

From: Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...>
> Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 14:31:08 -0700
> Subject: [obol] Re: Hunt for Sauvie Wagtail—no
>
> Worth a try Wink for sure. Photos were added to the ebird checklist
> reporting the bird. Looks like a pipit.
> Philip Kline
>

> On Fri, May 24, 2019, 12:14 PM Wink Gross <winkg...> wrote:
>
> > I searched unsuccessfully for about a half hour.
> >
> > Wink

Join us on Facebook!