Date: 5/24/19 6:11 pm
From: Meredith McBurney <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Chatfield, 5/24/19
Enjoyed cool but sunny morning with a continued nice mix of birds. 48 new
birds today:

Dusky Flycatcher 6
Blue Jay 1
House Wren 2
Swainson's Thrush 5
Hermit Thrush 3
Gray Catbird 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Virginia's Warbler 11 (a great year for these charming little gems......)
Yellow Warbler 1 new, 1 banded 2018
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 4
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 1
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
Wilson's Warbler 1
Western Tanager 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 4
White-crowned Sparrow, Mountain 1
American Goldfinch 1

We are heading into our last weekend of the season. Registration is
required for all weekend visitors; see the Denver Audubon website to sign
up. Please remember we will be closed on Monday, Memorial Day. We will
then be open Tuesday through Friday of next week. We have organized groups
coming our early Tuesday-Thursday but no school groups later in the
morning. We are opening nets at 6:30, and most days have birds back at the
station by 7:15. We aim to close by noon most days, earlier if it is very
hot, very cold, or very windy.
Come visit!

Meredith McBurney
Bander