Date: 5/24/19 4:38 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

May 24, 2019 –MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND FRIDAY EDITION

This morning I had two partial looks at what I thought was a female Tennessee Warbler. Hendrik Herlyn, Oscar Harper and Kai and Ben Frueh relocated it about 4 this afternoon. It’s a female or dull nonvocal male.

A huge movement of tanagers, vireos and buntings came in last night. A wide variety of passerines is on site at HQ. My first-of-year Willow Flycatcher arrived. Others observed FOY nighthawk.

I’m told that Benson Pond trees had enormous numbers of migrants, essentially the same mix as HQ. I suspect that the weather held a lot of migrants to the south that are finally able to move.

MI: 3. They are getting warmed up.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon