Date: 5/24/19 4:26 pm
From: Janet Millenson <janet...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Scarlet Tanager fledgling sound?
I heard some unfamiliar bird noises while walking in Cabin John Park
this afternoon. When I stopped to investigate, I saw a male Scarlet
Tanager tending to a couple of fledglings (of whom I got the barest
glimpse). Presumably the young'uns were the source of the sound, but I
can't find anything online to verify it. There are plenty of clips of
adult songs and calls, of course.

Any suggestions? This time of year, we really need a library of baby
bird calls!

Janet Millenson
Potomac, MD (Montgomery County)
<janet...>