Date: 5/23/19 4:53 pm
From: Byers <byers345...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Eastern Kingbirds along Ebey Slough
Hello Tweeters,

Since it promised to be a lovely day, we went for a walk on the Fobes-Ebey
Slough Dike Road Trail, not far from Snohomish this morning. Phil Dickinson
had already noted that he had seen an Eastern Kingbird there, so finding
that bird was an added incentive. The trail has Ebey Slough on the north
side, flanked by some mixed evergreen deciduous forest. On the south side,
there are wet swampy fields and a few shallow lakes, which probably dry up
my mid-summer. We walked slowly along the trail for about 2 hours and found
4 Eastern Kingbirds. We got photos of three. There were lots of the other
birds you would expect to find in such a place: Wood ducks, many Bald
Eagles, Cedar Waxwings, Black-headed Grosbeaks, and Common Yellowthroat.
I've attached a link to our Ebird checklist, which has photos of the birds
we saw.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56656140

Happy birding, Charlotte Byers, Edmonds