Date: 5/22/19 3:49 am
From: bramble <bramble...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Passing along sad news
Hello, all.

I am sorry to pass along some sad news about a member of the NJ
birding community.

Mr. Bill Resotko, long time NJ birder, died unexpectedly at his home
in Whiting on 5/19. A memorial service will be held at St. Elizabeth
Ann Seton Church in Manchester Township, date to be announced. The
date will be passed on to the list when it is announced.

On a personal note, I attended many field trips in Monmouth County
and at Brig that Bill co-led. I lifed quite a few birds in his
presence and many of those with his assistance. He once spent 15
minutes trying to get me on a Carolina Chickadee at Brig when he
found out I hadn't seen one before, despite me not wanting to
inconvenience him. He was generous, patient, knowledgeable, and
happy to pass that knowledge on, and it was clear he loved sharing
birds with people. The world needs more birders and leaders like him.

If you knew Bill, please accept my condolences.

- Julie McCall
Lyndhurst, Bergen County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>