Date: 5/17/19 5:52 am
From: JimC <wetstuff...>
Subject: [MDBirding] 15 hours of song
A single Wood Thrush in our woods came online at about 5:15 am this morning. He followed a rooster crowing down the creek at 5:11 ..who also raised a Cardinal in less than a minute. Yesterday, the Thrush started at about the same time - but I got to catch his finale last night.

We have a gaming monitor in the kitchen with external speakers connected to a security camera in an Owl box ~500 feet from the house... I was listening to TV and watched it get dark - he was still singing. I went into the kitchen to wait-him-out.

At 8:16 it looked like he was done ..with a series of chirp-like sounds ..8:17 - he's back it. Then quiet. But, 8:24 ..again, full-throated. Then silence.

I figure that's was ~15 hrs/9min. It is a beautiful song.

Jim