Date: 5/15/19 2:31 pm
From: DNADEB <dsg4...>
Subject: Re: PAMC Report - Crawford, Erie, Lawrence, Butler, Allegheny & Washington Counties
The Facebook Birder site for PA does not have the same level of discussion PA Birds listserve had. I know I will come over as an elitist when I say this and the majority of people are announcing their FOY indigo bunting, catbird, etc. And lots of cardinal, blue jay etc photos despite a request for only less common birds to be posted. There is a photography site for these.
There are regional FB sites that are better and include some like Seven Mountsibs Audubon, North Branch, Juniata County etc.
But the old style listserve is probably not coming back.
The State College Bird Club listserve is still alive and well.
So to find out any information about people’s daily excursions, the best choice appears to be eBird and choosing a county.
I could pledge to post in this listserve some things such as BBS trips(5 of my PA ones), GWWA Surveys, Nightjar, etc and hopefully others will too.
Deb
Sent from my iPhone

> On May 14, 2019, at 10:28 PM, Rudolph Keller <rckeller...> wrote:
>
> In Berks Co., PAMC was for many years an event organized similarly to a CBC, taking much time and effort to compile. Work demands (the kind producing a paycheck) on the last compiler ended that organization, and now a few people go out on their own on something like a 20th century big day. Listserves were for a time the go-to place for bird news, an improved version of the telephone chains and hotlines that preceded them. All that fractured with the advent of many social media channels. Also, our PAMC was centered on the local bird club, another traditional birding institution that is waning for lack of joiners.
> Rudy Keller
> Berks Co.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Tomazin" <wvwarblers...>

Join us on Facebook!