Date: 5/15/19 11:25 am
From: Jennifer Alexander <jalexa352...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] UPDATE- LOS - ABA Young Birder Camp Sponsorship Info and Fundraising
All,

I apologize for the multiple emails but the PayPal link in my original email is not working.

To donate using PayPal, please go to the “Join LOS” link on the LOS website and from there you can link to the PayPal page by clicking on the “Donate” button at the bottom of the page:
http://losbird.org/membership.htm

Or you can still use the snail mail info below.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there are any additional issues with PayPal.

Thanks again,
Jennifer

All thumbs - sent from my iPhone

> On May 15, 2019, at 10:14 AM, Steven W. Cardiff <scardif...> wrote:
>
> Thanks to Jennifer for making this announcement.
>
> Let me add that the Ted Parker Student Support Fund has also being expanded to include subsidizing young birder expenses for attending LOS Meetings. "Young Birder" could include both pre-college and college-level students. The LOS Board is discussing methods by which young birders would apply for such financial assistance. In lieu of re-inventing the wheel, if anyone out there knows of pre-existing application procedures used by other birding organizations, then we would love to know about that.
>
> Also, if you haven't noticed, there seems to be a severe shortage of young birders. So, please be on the lookout for prospects! If there are more experienced young birders out there and they are interested in attending LOS Meetings, Field Trips, etc., AND they successfully apply for financial assistance, then we would also hope that they would be willing to assist in leading field trips and possibly become more involved in the organization in general.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steve Cardiff
> LOS President
>
>> On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 9:46 AM Jennifer Alexander <jalexa352...> wrote:
>> Calling all birders!
>>
>> One focus of the Louisiana Ornithological Society (LOS) board this year is to increase youth and young adult memberships. Toward this focus, LOS is proud to announce it is sponsoring a high school student, Jason Arena (bio below), for this year’s ABA Young Birder Camp (description below).
>>
>> To aid in this endeavor, LOS is fundraising for the Ted Parker Student Support Fund (info below). At this year’s LOS Spring Meeting members generously donated $490 towards this sponsorship.
>>
>> LOS would greatly appreciate any donation for not only this year’s sponsorship but to continue to increase the Ted Parker Student Support Fund for future sponsorships. Donations can be made via:
>>
>> PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=iRxwbL1fmrGWKJTpToCqMW9pBNEIOa34PZkK7oPTO4yN02G73XbMwslmZp0GEp40TugL4W&country.x=US&locale.x=US <https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=iRxwbL1fmrGWKJTpToCqMW9pBNEIOa34PZkK7oPTO4yN02G73XbMwslmZp0GEp40TugL4W&country.x=US&locale.x=US>
>> Snail Mail:
>>
>> Make checks payable to the "LOS" noting Ted Parker Student Fund and send to:
>> Judith O'Neale, LOS Treasurer
>> 504 Whitebark, Lafayette, LA70508
>> 337.981.1011
>>

>> Jason Arena
> [...]