Date: 5/14/19 7:48 am
From: Joseph Budrow via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] King Rail directions
Is it wearing a crown and robe?

On Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 10:27:38 AM EDT, Chuck Imbergamo via CTBirds <ctbirds...> wrote:

Looking for better looks at  the King Rail, I met many people from as far away as New York this morning, and I want to share more info on the location for those who may not be familiar with the area.

For those using GPS, paste the following info your device: 41.2527,-72.5438

The bird can be seen from the blind building at the small marsh which is between the Hammonasset Nature Center field/Lot and the Willard's Island paved lot.  This is in the East side of the park.  The marsh is only about 100' x 225' in size, and the bird has been keeping to the East side each time I've seen it.  The last looks at around 9:15 AM had the bird less than 20 feet away from the blind.

It is very muddy in the entry to the blind area, so boots are recommended!

Good luck.

Chuck Imbergamo
Madison
×