Date: 5/12/19 10:04 am
From: Dan Haas <nervousbirds...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Black Skimmer - Sandy Point SP
Earlier today, I found a BLACK SKIMMER on South Beach at Sandy Point SP. if you aren’t familiar with the park, South beach is the beach closest to the bridge (also, it’s the Southern-most portion of beach). The bird was keeping company with 2 Bonaparte’s Gull, 2 Laughing Gulls, a few dozen Caspian Terns, a Lesser Black-backed Gull, and a fair number of the regular gulls (Ring-billed, Herring, & Great Black-backed).

Also of note - a dozen Least Sandpipers and a handful of Semipalmated Sandpipers.

Yesterday evening, there was a pair of late CANVASBACK in the marina. I didn’t look hard for them today, but my brief survey came up empty this morning.

All the best,

Dan Haas
443-756-6207
www.danhaas.com