Date: 5/12/19 5:13 am
From: Nick Bonomo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Yellow Rail Continues
Jason, no thanks needed :) Glad you got the bird.

I can return a big Thank You to the birding community, which, as far as I
have heard thus far, has behaved very respectfully to the neighborhood and
to the bird. This is actually a nice setup for the bird's sake, as there is
zero chance of seeing it, so there has been no temptation to trample this
fertile marsh during breeding season.

Also, I do know that the bird has been taped at least once, in an effort to
get it to move closer for a hard-of-hearing person that was having trouble.
Probably as expected for a migrant, it did not work. I continue to
discourage taping of this bird, more to eliminate potential confusion among
birders than anything. Someone trying to listen from a different location,
or even from the other side of the hill, could easily confuse a tape with
the real thing. Best to not even try.

Very glad the bird has stuck around for others to experience!

Happy Mothers Day!

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com