Date: 5/11/19 2:39 pm
From: Paul Anderson <paul...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Red-shouldered Hawk in Mecklenburg Cemetery
Early this afternoon I heard what I believe to be the loud and insistent
calls of a Red-shouldered Hawk. I did not have time to stay and get a
visual confirmation unfortunately, but I can't think of a plausible
alternative.

Mecklenburg Cemetery is a little tricky to find. I didn't even know it
was there until today. It's just off Rt 79. Coming from Ithaca, as you
come down the hill into Mecklenburg, just after the post office look for
a small lane on the right. There's a telecom company flag by that
entrance and one of their little buildings is right there too. You'll
see the stone pillars leading to the cemetery. That lane is marked as a
road on Google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4556008,-76.7094307,17.62z.

The lane itself runs alongside a little creek and is quite birdy.
Without really trying I found Wood Duck, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Yellow
Warbler, Northern Parula, Baltimore Oriole, and others.

--
Paul Anderson, VP of Engineering, GrammaTech, Inc.
531 Esty St., Ithaca, NY 14850

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/