Date: 5/11/19 8:45 am
From: Tammy Eustis via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] yellow bellied sapsucker eating oranges in Kent
Too funny! We have had good luck attracting the orioles with the orange
halves, but within the past two years they've attracted other visitors:
red-bellied and downy woodpeckers, and even the hummingbirds. Don't know
why it took so long for the other birds to catch on.
The other morning, the oranges were so overrun with woodpeckers that the
orioles (and the catbirds) poked around in the compost pile for the old
halves I had thrown in there.
Just when you think you have nature "figured out".

:-)

Tammy Eustis, Chester