Date: 5/10/19 7:37 pm
From: Dominik Mosur <dominikmosur...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Candlestick Ibis update 5/10/19
The Ibis continued on the small freshwater pond at the northeast corner of Candlestick State Rec. Area until about 18:30.

It appeared wary spending a lot of time looking up and only occasionally feeding. a close pass by a Red-tailed Hawk appeared to flush it and it flew off after circling the pond a few times.

I headed over to Yosemite Slough to see if by chance it had landed there, but did not see it in the marsh or on the pond inside the hazmat area.

Dominik Mosur
San Francisco
Sent from my iPhone
> On May 10, 2019, at 15:24, Aaron Maizlish <aaron.maizlish...> wrote:
>
> Following up on a eBird report from earlier today by Graeme Colmer I came down to candlestick point to look for a reported Ibis. I haven’t even made it to the bay, a beautiful White-faced Ibis is feeding in the little seasonal pond at the north end of the park. Seems very comfortable here, but I would get over here quickly if you want to see it, it’s a small pond. County bird for me.
>
> Aaron Maizlish
> San Francisco

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>