Date: 5/10/19 5:31 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Black-throated blue hummingbird

BT Blue warblers (along with other species) utilize nectar and fruit on their wintering grounds, in fact their digestive system changes a bit to accommodate this. I have had them feeding in autumn on fruit, in fact, even had one apparently get drunk from fermented grapes. With amusing effects...

Gail Mackiernan
Colesville, MD

Sent from my iPad