Date: 5/10/19 4:51 am
From: Steve Long <steve.long4...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Black-throated blue hummingbird
I often have Chickadees do that just to get a drink out of the ant
trap.  My mother used to have a device attached to the side of the house
that contained water and had a black cover (to keep the water from
freezing in the winter) with just a small hole in its center.  The
Chickadees loved to drink out of that.  Maybe your warbler has a similar
taste for water trapped in tree cavities?

Steve Long, Oxford