Date: 5/9/19 3:16 pm
From: Eric Ollie <uphawkeye...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Golden Eagle - Story County
At around 5:05 PM I had a GOLDEN EAGLE perched 50 from the entrance road at
West Peterson Park in Story County, just north of Ames. Classic golden head
and nape and white at the base of the tail, with no mottling. It sat in the
tree for a good 5 minutes before taking of and flying just above tree level
to the north. It may possibly have perched again, but I have yet to
relocate it.

Eric Ollie
Ames