Date: 5/8/19 3:28 pm
From: Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Chipmunks
'A very related subject:  Is there is any follow-up info, on that Barred Owl irruption this past winter?  For example, were the high number of daylight Barred Owl sightings and spikes in admissions to re-habbers, indicative of increased morbidity/mortality?  Are there going to be fewer successful breeding Barred Owls in parts of the Northeastern US, this Spring?
Steve MayoBethany, CT

On Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 3:41:31 PM EDT, Nicki Hall via CTBirds <ctbirds...> wrote:

We usually are overrun by chipmunks but have had none this year. I asked a biologist. He thought that many small mammals had a tough winter. White-footed mice are also less in numbers. However, I’m sure the chipmunk population will rebound as they can produce two or more litters this summer.

Nicki Hall