Date: 5/7/19 12:48 pm
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Re: oriole photos and mystery shorebird
That’s what would call it. Interestingly, the spring Semipalmated Sandpipers that I have seen in Oregon over the past few years have looked very much like this one with a mix of basic and alternate plumage, suggesting that they may be non-breeding second year (hatched in 2018) birds that will not attain full alternate plumage.

Dave Irons
Beaverton, OR

Sent from my iPhone