Date: 5/7/19 9:23 am
From: JimC <wetstuff...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Whippoorwill in Severna Park
On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 8:47:03 AM UTC-4, <ispocketsa......> wrote:
> Sitting out back studying and as the clock struck midnight, the whippoorwill started singing. If you’ve ever heard one ... it’s incredibly distinct. It basically sings it’s name. So I wasn’t confused about what kind of bird it was.
> It was kind of funny. Like natures cuckoo clock telling me to go to bed.

IS, We had one (or a relation) parked over in Nutters Neck WMA about two weeks ago for a few nights. I take the dog out after midnight and listen for owls, etc. I tried to record it but it was too distant to overcome static hum. I am out pretty much every night; it must have moved on. If I remember, we can expect another who thinks 'this is North' in mid-summer.

Jim - Eastern Shore