Date: 5/6/19 4:53 pm
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Klamath Great-tailed Grackles
There has been a very small local population of Great-tailed Grackles south of Klamath Falls for about the past five years or so. I am not sure what the high count is for the area, but as I recall it’s single digits. Shawneen and I were surprised to find a group of five just south of the turnoff to Miller Island about 5-6 years ago. They seem to be resident, but move around a lot and are hard to find. but later learned they had been around for a while.

Dave Irons
Beaverton, OR

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 6, 2019, at 4:28 PM, Steve Jaggers <SJJag...> wrote:
>
> Today off of State line road, 3.5 miles E. of hwy 97, dike road on left, just beyond some refuge signage. 100 yards or so on gravel, by junction with private road.
>
> Large, uniform colored plumage, huge tail. See pic.
>
> Not relocated 2 hrs. later.
>
> Steve Jaggers
>

> Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
> <1030907.jpg>