Date: 5/6/19 11:47 am
From: Brandon Caswell <brandon.caswell83...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Linn-sanity, Squaw Creek highlights
Birders,

I birded from about 8am to noon today at Squaw Creek.

Highlights:
-expected thrush slam (ie no Hermit)
-16 species of warblers
-several Red-breasted Nuthatch
-Winter Wren
-at a recent prairie burn, Clay-colored, Lark, Savannah and Chipping
Sparrows feeding together

Between the meeting and today I’m at 202 species for the year in Iowa.

Linn-sane! Easily the best morning of birding I’ve ever had in the county.

Good birding,
Brandon Caswell
Marion