Date: 5/5/19 12:59 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Washington County Great Egret
On 5/5/19, 'Kurt Schwarz' > wrote:
> While trying to enter my sighting yesterday of the egret, I could not locate
> any ponds on the south side of I-68. I had reported the pond to be just
> west of milepost 79, but it appears that would be on Cumberland.

Kurt et. al.
My info shows mile 79 being in WASHCO within a few miles of the
intersection with I-70 @exit 82...

In any case the Yellow Book [Field List of the Birds of MD by Iliff,
Ringler, & Stasz, 3rd ed., May 1996] shows Great Egret as "likely to
be found in (AL) county every year," with "less than every year" shown
for bordering WA & GA counties...

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter