Date: 5/4/19 8:16 pm
From: Peter Pyle <ppyle...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Possible Black-tailed Gull Lake Merced Boathouse
I've done some research and can't find close matches with
second-cycle Black-tailed so will re-identify it in eBird as Gull sp.
The back still looks dark to me for CAGU and I'd like to find one
with a tail pattern like this bird has. Both species at this age are
of course extremely variable, which makes it but fun and a challenge.
Comments on specific identification criteria, pro and con, still welcomed.

Peter

At 07:48 PM 5/4/2019, Alvaro Jaramillo wrote:
>Peter
> It is a California Gull with a deformed bill.
>Alvaro
>
>Alvaro Jaramillo
><alvaro...>
>www.alvarosadventures.com