Date: 5/4/19 2:50 pm
From: Candace H <candace69001...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Open house for Avian Archives- Thur, May 16th 6-8 pm, Octagon Center, Ames IA
Hello everyone,

The Iowa State University Library Digital Initiatives unit is excited to
invite you to a reception celebrating the completion and launch of the
Avian Archives of Iowa Online (avIAn),

a two-year digitization project funded by the Council on Library and
Information Resources (CLIR).

The Avian Archives of Iowa Online is a web portal for digital Iowa
ornithological primary sources dating from 1895-2012. Eight archival
collections provide robust documentation

of over one hundred years of bird study in Iowa and encompass some of the
Midwest’s most influential conservationists.

The reception will be held Thursday, May 16 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the
Octagon Center for the Arts Community Gallery in Ames, IA.

*If you plan to attend, please RSVP to me at <ema......>
<ema......> by Friday, May 10.* The web portal will be available
for viewing at the reception, and I will send out the web

address after the reception for anyone unable to attend to view the site.

Thank you, and we look forward to celebrating with you!