Date: 5/2/19 7:01 pm
From: Tommy Stone <tomtazzstone...>
Subject: [ia-bird] King Rail - Blackhawk co.
Shortly after I went to George Wyth, I decided to check out Prairie Ridge Wetland, which is private owned. While listening to several calling Soras I heard the monotone kek kek kek call of a KING RAIL. I waited a couple of minutes to see if it would call again but it didn't. So then I played the recorded call in which it responded right away with some grunting followed by the "kek" call again , which lasted about 10 seconds. After that it didn't respond again. I had my son so I couldn't stay too long.
Also there, was 2 WILSON'S PHALAROPES and a YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD. I'm gonna try again tomorrow morning with my hip waders and hopefully get a visual of the K. Rail.

Good birding,
Tommy Stone
Waterloo