Date: 5/2/19 1:25 pm
From: Anderson, Erin M [LIB] <emanders...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Please join us! Avian Archives of Iowa Online Launch Reception
Hello everyone,

The Iowa State University Library Digital Initiatives unit is excited to invite you to a reception celebrating the completion and launch of the Avian Archives of Iowa Online (avIAn),
a two-year digitization project funded by the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR).

The Avian Archives of Iowa Online is a web portal for digital Iowa ornithological primary sources dating from 1895-2012. Eight archival collections provide robust documentation
of over one hundred years of bird study in Iowa and encompass some of the Midwest's most influential conservationists.

The reception will be held Thursday, May 16 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Octagon Center for the Arts Community Gallery in Ames, IA.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP to me at <emanders...><mailto:<emanders...> by Friday, May 10. The web portal will be available for viewing at the reception, and I will send out the web
address after the reception for anyone unable to attend to view the site.

Thank you, and we look forward to celebrating with you!

[cid:<image001.jpg...>]

Erin Anderson
avIAn Project Coordinator, Digital Initiatives
Iowa State University Parks Library
Rm 204
Ames, IA 50011-2140