Date: 5/1/19 4:06 pm
From: Ron Stakland <rons...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Shorebirds in Jefferson Co.
This afternoon I took a break and visited the small wetland south west of Jefferson County Park, by the intersection of Libertyville road and Quarry Road. I counted 70+ Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs in a mixed flock, accompanied by a pair of Wilson’s phalaropes. Also saw many Barn, Tree and Northern Rough Legged Swallows.

On Monday evening my wife and I visited Lake Darling (one Black Throated Green Warbler, several Palms and countless Yellow Rumps) and on the drive home on Hwy. 1, just south of Highway 78 in a flooded farm field, saw 20+ Solitary Sandpipers plus two Lesser Yellowlegs.
Ron Stakland
Fairfield

Sent from my iPhone