Date: 5/1/19 8:24 am
From: Derek C. Richardson <dcr...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Lake Artemesia migrants (PG county)

I *finally* got a decent chance to do some migrant birding. Despite the
cool and dreary weather, there was a lot of activity at Lake Artemesia.
I'm sure I missed some things, but I did manage 12 warbler species and
some other nice birds, 62 species overall -- full eBird list below!

Lake Artemesia, Prince George's, Maryland, US
May 1, 2019 8:03 AM - 10:56 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.057 mile(s)
Comments: A walk through the forest on the east side then back around
the west side of the lake. Cool, overcast, breezy, occasional very light
drizzle. May have heard YBCU. Also saw 1 raccoon in a tree!
62 species

Canada Goose 12
Wood Duck 1
Mallard 4
Mourning Dove 4
Chimney Swift 6
Double-crested Cormorant 1
Green Heron 2 maybe 3
Turkey Vulture 1
Osprey 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 4
Downy Woodpecker 2
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Eastern Phoebe 2 maybe 3
Great Crested Flycatcher 6
Eastern Kingbird 1
Yellow-throated Vireo 1 heard only, singing ("three-eights")
Blue-headed Vireo 1 close view
Red-eyed Vireo 6
Blue Jay 10
American Crow 3
Fish Crow 5
Tree Swallow 8
Barn Swallow 1
Carolina Chickadee 5
Tufted Titmouse 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 3
Carolina Wren 16
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 16
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Hermit Thrush 1 gently pumping rufous tail
Wood Thrush 5
American Robin 25
Gray Catbird 16
Northern Mockingbird 4
European Starling 20
House Finch 3
American Goldfinch 4
White-throated Sparrow 40
Savannah Sparrow 4 brief but close views, yellow lores, streaked flanks, shy
Song Sparrow 1
Eastern Towhee 1
Red-winged Blackbird 11
Brown-headed Cowbird 8
Common Grackle (Purple) 30
Ovenbird 7
Worm-eating Warbler 2 both seen
Blue-winged Warbler 2 both seen
Black-and-white Warbler 5
Common Yellowthroat 9
American Redstart 2
Northern Parula 4
Yellow Warbler 3
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1 maybe 2 (heard only)
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) 20
Prairie Warbler 1 close view
Black-throated Green Warbler 3
Scarlet Tanager 3
Northern Cardinal 25
House Sparrow 5

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55630693

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3
(https://ebird.org/home)

--
Derek C. Richardson, Laurel, PG County, MD
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~dcr/personal.html