Date: 4/30/19 10:43 am
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Hart-Miller Island Birding Tour - May 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

I will be leading a birding tour at Hart-Miller Island on Thursday, May 23. The tour is limited to 20 participants. We will leave landbase at 9:00 AM (please arrive no later than 8:50 AM), arrive onsite at 9:30 AM, depart at 1:00 PM, and return to landbase at 1:30 PM. Participants must be able to board a boat and a passenger van. While onsite, we will explore the entire island looking primarily for migratory shorebirds and songbirds. The tour will involve some light walking. Bring snacks, water, bug spray, and sunscreen, and dress appropriately for exploring an island with minimal shade. We will visit one forested area where mosquitoes might be abundant.

Please email tcarn [at] menv [dot] com if you would like to join the tour. You may reserve two spaces. I will need a name and email address for each participant in case I need to postpone/cancel. This tour is first-come, first-serve. Once I fill 20 spaces, I will create a waitlist. Please note that the tour will be canceled in the event of high winds/rain. This tour is also subject to cancellation if issues arise with the passenger vans.

This tour is offered by Maryland Environmental Service (MES) on behalf of Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Port Administration (MDOT MPA).

Tim Carney
Parkville, MD