Date: 4/30/19 7:47 am
From: <rriparia...> <rriparia...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Klamath Basin trip list
Hi,I saw your great list, and that you encountered a Hutton's Vireo. I believe it would be the third, maybe fourth record for that species in Klamath County/Basin. If you could include observations regarding bill shape and size, spectacle information, and any observations that would separate it from Ruby-crowned Kinglet, that would support the record in ebird much more. I'm presuming that you observed White-throated Swfts down at Tule Lake NWR, right?Thanks for sharing your list!Good Birding!Kevin SpencerKlamath Falls, ORSent from my Verizon LG Smartphone------ Original message------From: <woodenapple...>: Mon, Apr 29, 2019 11:35 PMTo: <obol...>;Cc: Subject:[obol] Klamath Basin trip listGreetings, Obolonians!

We just returned from a quick, two-day trip to the Klamath Basin, our third in the last seven weeks. Here's what we saw:

Grebe, Pied-billed
Eared
Western
Clark's
Am. White Pelican
D.C. Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Black-crowned Night-Heron
White-faced Ibis
Turkey Vulture
Goose, Greater White-fronted
Snow
Canada
Gadwall
Am. Wigeon
Mallard
Teal, Cinnamon
Green-winged
N. Shoveler
N. Pintail
Canvasback
Redhead
Duck, Ring-necked
Ruddy
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Common Merganser
Osprey
Eagle, Bald
Golden
N. Harrier
Red-tailed Hawk
Am. Kestrel
Prairie Falcon
Ring-necked Pheasant
California Quail
Sora
Am. Coot
Sandhill Crane
Black-bellied Plover
Killdeer
Black-necked Stilt
Am. Avocet
Willet
Spotted Sandpiper
Gull, Franklin's
Ring-billed
Tern, Caspian
Forster's
Rock Pigeon
Eurasian Collared Dove
Mourning Dove
Great Horned Owl
Swift, Vaux's
White-throated
Anna's Hummingbird
Belted Kingfisher
Woodpecker, Lewis's
Downy
White-headed
Acorn
Pileated
Red-breasted Sapsucker
N. Flicker
Gray Flycatcher
W. Kingbird
Vireo, Cassin's
Hutton's (I'd like comments from local observers on occurrence of this species. We had great, close-range looks at one bird at the Wood River Wetlands dike and are confident of the i.d. It just seems so out of place.)
Jay, Steller's
California Scrub-Jay
Black-billed Magpie
Common Raven